Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Hallway Ghost.

There is a ghost that lives in my hallway. It seems strange but after three years of living in this apartment, I am sure that something is up. Usually, it is barely noticeable. Sometimes I see it out of the corner of my eye when I am up late. It (she, I guess) is just there for a moment, then when I look she disappears. Then other times, when I am in the bathroom there is an ever so faint scratching at the door. It used to freak me the fuck out, but I am used to it now. But recently, it has taken on a new habit.

Farting.

Seriously. I came home tonight, and there was a lingering fart smell in the hallway. As if someone who had some hardcore Mexican food for lunch cut one and then jumped out the window. It is a localized smell, independent of ventilation or other such things. It is just there, suspended, in the doorway to the kitchen. I sniffed around for possible sources (a stinky pipe, backflow, etc.) and have found nothing. So I have taken to asking it for a more reasonable stink, ammonia, burning plastic, or maybe something less offensive. It seems to work. Tonight, the fart smell turned to a kind of moldy bread/pine smell.

Better than nothing I guess, but as far as a roommate goes, this ghost stinks.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so fucking weird....I could relate to the first part, have you ever heard of shadow people? 'Ere: http://www.shadowpeople.org/
    Although I see them semi-frequently, I don't think they've ever farted at me....

    ReplyDelete